Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mistress and Head Art

The Mistress has always been very fond of head art such as a very nice chapeau or a nice couture piece like these.

A vintage Christian Dior hat.


I also love this object'art!


And we can't forget the more stately chapeau worn by Aretha Franklin at the inauguration.

The HAT!


The Mistress would wear any of these wonderful designs out on the town or to some high end function or show. It adds a nice sense of style and fashion to any event. And the Mistress loves to make a over the top statement. Here in New Hope their are several lovely little millinery shops with new and vintage hats. Some upwards of about $500! Yesterday a friend emailed me a picture from a Christmas party the Mistress tended to over the season. It occurred to me, I have had many things in my hair. My friend said that has always been your trademark! And he was right. I looked at pass pictures to see. And besides the cock-a-tail I always have(most of the time) I did always have some kind of element in my hair if it wasn't a hat. So I am sharing some of those photos with y'all now.

New Year's Eve Party with white plumes and doves- a sign of peace!


A leather head mask as Catwoman for a Halloween party.


Peacock feather hair ornament for the Red Hot Ball.



A hat the Mistress got from Needless Markups to match my Grandmother's vintage suit for a private party in Harrisburg.


Asian bouffant with hair sticks for the Christmas party.


Mistress as Carmen Miranda for a Halloween party. That sucker weighed 8lbs!


the Boy-Toy and Mistress for Mardi Gras Masquerade Ball. With real flowers.


Pink ensemble with fuchsia and black plumes and day lilies!


Another Halloween as Ms Claus with Poinsettias!


So you see, the Mistress does really like and is fond of accoutrement's in her hair. I wish some of these were more clear with color and more clear in general ,but that's what happens when you give the camera to drunks to snap a picture. Thank-God I never partake of the spirits!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/04/2009

    Girl you sure do have alot of different looks. Your beautiful! You sooooo need to come to the Henri David ball this year! Wear your large ascot hat and gown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, you are my long lost sibling!

    Back in the days when I was a club kid in SF, I got to be known for what was on my head. I'd walk out the door and my mama would ask, "Where do you think you're going with that hat on?"

    And just today I was rocking my usual oblong scarf as headband. Kind of a Jackie O thing. Or maybe Brigitte. Because if my hairdresser keeps up at her current pace, I'm going to end up as blond as her.

    Bottom line is that you look fab. And I wish you lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/05/2009

    Mistress those pictures are all stunning, but I must admit I like the catwoman the best. The leather cat suit is hot and the mask is a very good replica. It looks like a leather party you kinky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/05/2009

    Fabulous Mistress. Those are some swank outfits. You so need to come to do a show sometime with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like me things that are Jackie O.Thank you for the compliment tootes. If I lived closer we would be getting into all kinds of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Maddie - you ARE an enchantress!

    I wish women would return to wearing hats like they used to in the 40s and 50s. They looked so elegant in those days. I'm thinking of going to a mostly Black church just to see the beautiful ladies in their beautiful Sunday-go-to-church hats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you like head art?...I think you just like head.


    ;)

    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth, you are so naughty,but true!

    Mark,you are so funny! I love a good hat and especially the church ladies on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2/06/2009

    Your are jsut fabulous honey!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!